The Going Postal exhibit at BELvue museum unveils the precious stamp collection of the Royal Museum for Central Africa for the first time. This initiative, joined by bpost and eminent private collectors in Belgium, gathers 300 or so pieces that together form a priceless heritage.
The exhibition also shows how stamps are produced, their iconography, the development of mail services, and Belgium’s presence in international trade throughout history.
In addition to the stamps themselves, the exhibition presents the preparatory work behind a stamp: sketches, drawings or engravings associated with prominent figures of Belgian art like Tuymans, Schuiten, and Alechinsky. Decorative objects and African art pieces that provided inspiration for several stamp series are also on display.
A must for budding and established philatelists, art lovers and connoisseurs, and the general public.
In the digital era, the postage stamp in all its artistry is still alive and well!
- From 06/02/2016 to 10/04/2016
- From Tuesday to Friday 9.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m., Monday only for groups with reservation
- Free entrance
A catalogue is also available.
On request subject to availability. More info and booking: [email protected] / 02/769 52 00.
Visit the exhibition
With the family
Children tours for 8-10 years olds and 11-12 years olds, accompanied by an adult – 1€/child – only available in French and Dutch.
With the class
- Educational tools have been developed to help the teachers to prepare the visit of the exhibition (only available in French and Dutch).
- Download the educational tools (only available in French and Dutch) [PDF].
- Download the skills base linked to the exhibition (only available in French and Dutch) [PDF].
- Children tours for 8-10 years olds and 11-12 years olds,– 1€/child – only available in French and Dutch.
- Guided tours for groups : on request subject to availability. More info and booking: [email protected] / 02/769 52 00.